Manchester United is still facing problems after the cyber attack that suffered last week, it has yet to fully restore its systems.
Last week Manchester United was hit by a sophisticated cyber attack, the attack took place on Friday evening and the football club shut down its systems to prevent the malware from spreading within.
“Manchester United can confirm that the club has experienced a cyber attack on our systems. The club has taken swift action to contain the attack and is currently working with expert advisers to investigate the incident and minimise the ongoing IT disruption.” reads a statement issued by the Manchester United and reported by The Guardian.
“Although this is a sophisticated operation by organised cyber criminals, the club has extensive protocols and procedures in place for such an event and had rehearsed for this eventuality. Our cyber defences identified the attack and shut down affected systems to contain the damage and protect data.”
The club notifies the British authotities about the incident, including the Information Commissioner’s Office. The United also launched a forensic investigation into the incident.
A week later, Manchester United has yet to fully restore its computer systems, yesterday the company was still unable to send and receive emails, and other functions were unavailable too.
“Following the recent cyberattack on the club, our IT team and external experts secured our networks and have conducted forensic investigations,” Manchester United said in a statement.
The club did not comment on the possible culprits and their motivation, it only revealed that attackers aimed at disrupt the target systems.
“This attack was by nature disruptive, but we are not currently aware of any fan data being compromised,” the club said. “Critical systems required for matches to take place at Old Trafford remained secure and games have gone ahead as normal.”
[출처 : SecurityAffairs / 11.27.]